Here are seven recent news updates on key health IT companies.
1. Neal Patterson, cofounder and CEO of Cerner provided a witness testimony before the U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor Pensions discussing the need for electronic data exchange.
2. Judy Faulkner, founder and CEO of Verona, Wis.-based Epic Systems, is one of the latest individuals to join the Giving Pledge, an initiative launched by Warren Buffett and Bill and Melinda Gates encouraging the world's wealthiest individuals to commit the majority of their wealth to philanthropy.
3. Northwest Community Hospital in Arlington Heights, Ill., is now live on Epic's EHR.
4. Through a new partnership, all users of eClinicalWorks software will have access to Surescripts' electronic prior authorization service.
5. McKesson and athenahealth were named among the top EHR, practice management and revenue cycle management firms by Black Book Rankings.
6. Clifford W. Illig, vice chairman of Cerner, sold 20,261 shares of company stock.
7. Albuquerque, N.M.-based Lovelace Health System is now live on its new patient portal hosted by NextGen Healthcare.
11 recent vendor contracts, go-lives
The missing link in interoperability: What patients want
HHS, CVS Health partner to offer preventive health services information
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.